Digital X-rays offer a huge advantage in early detection and preventive services. Advanced image manipulation and analysis, allows your doctor to detect early stages of gum disease. This is done through recognition of bone level changes, or by evaluating the results against a previous treatment.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
Benefits of digital x-rays compared to traditional dental X-rays include the following:
- Reveals small hidden areas of decay between teeth or below existing restorations, bone infections, gum disease, abscesses, developmental abnormalities and tumors that cannot be seen with only a visual dental examination.
- View instantly on any computer screen, manipulated to enhance contrast and detail, and transmit electronically to specialists without loss in quality.
- Early detection and treatment of dental problems can save time, money and discomfort.
- Eliminates chemical processing and disposal of hazardous wastes and lead foil, thereby presenting a “greener” and eco-friendly alternative.
- Requires 50 to 80 percent less radiation. This technology is compliant to the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle, which promotes radiation safety.
- Assists in detection and interpretation, which in turn assist in diagnosis and patient education.
- View on a computer screen next to the patient’s chair.
- Store images easily in electronic patient records.
- Can be sent quickly electronically to insurance companies, referring dentists or consultants, often eliminating or reducing treatment disruption and leading to faster dental insurance reimbursements.
Thank you for learning about our digital x-ray technology. It is our commitment to offer the highest quality care to our clients.
Peña Adobe Dental Care
Dentist in Vacaville, CA